By Dr Raghuram Y.S. MD (Ay) & Dr Manasa, B.A.M.S
Kshayaja Kasa means cough produced by destruction of tissues in the body. It is one among the five types of cough. This condition is said to be caused by aggravation of all three doshas and is dreadful in nature.
- Eating unequal foods
- Eating incompatible foods
- Excessive indulgence in sexual activities
- Forcibly controlling the natural urges of the body
- Always thinking about disgusting things
The digestive fire becomes disturbed when the person gets exposed to one or more of the above said etiological factors. Following this all three doshas get aggravated and causes cough which destroys the body of the patient. This cough is called kshayaj kas.
Read – Charaka Kasa Chikitsa – 18th Chapter
Signs and Symptoms
- Patient expectorates phlegm which smells foul, resembles pus and is green or red in color.
- While coughing, the…