By Dr Raghuram Y.S. MD (Ay) & Dr Manasa, B.A.M.S
Maha Vedha Mudra translated to the great penetrating gesture, is an advanced level gesture which can be performed by only those yogis who are practicing it for long time.
Maha = great
Vedha = piercing / penetrating
Mudra = gesture / seal / pose / mark
This gesture activates the root chakra and also the Kundalini energy located in it. This is also said to be an Adhara Mudra i.e. perineum gesture practice.
Read – Mudra – The Science Of Gesture: Benefits, Types, How To Practice
- Sit comfortably on a yoga mat. You can start with padmasana i.e. lotus pose.
- Breathe in slowly and deeply so as to relax your body.
- Close your eyes. This will help you focus on the gesture.
- Place the palms of both hands on the floor beside your thighs.
- The fingers should be pointing forward. Alternatively make…