By Dr Raghuram Y.S. MD (Ay) & Dr Manasa, B.A.M.S
Manduki mudra is called as frog pose or frog gesture. It is an intermediate level gesture which can be performed by a yoga practitioner. It is a seated yogic gesture that employs the whole body in the practice. The Upanishads categorize this gesture as one that involves the organs and parts of the face.
Manduki = frog
Mudra = gesture / lock / seal / mark
Read – Mudra – The Science Of Gesture: Benefits, Types, How To Practice
- Sit in a comfortable position. Sit in Vajrasana i.e. diamond pose or Bhadrasana i.e. gracious pose. Sit on a yoga mat and not directly on the floor.
- Keep your spine straight.
- Take few slow and deep breaths and divert your attention on the breathing process, be aware of your breathing.
- Next you ensure that you separate both your legs and sit.
- Take the feet apart as much as possible….