By Dr Raghuram Y.S. MD (Ay) & Dr Manasa, B.A.M.S
Grahas are psychosomatic diseases afflicting children due to evil forces. Graha is a name given to the planets or unseen organisms. It was believed that some unknown and invisible entities would produce a few diseases and they were called Graha’s.
When compared with the modern day diseases the Graha’s can be compared to the micro-organisms like viruses, bacteria etc. Graha’s were said to bother the children more than the adults.
Signs and symptoms of Skanda Graha
- Tears from one eye
- The child often jerks the head violently
- One side of the body or parts of one side of the body become function-less
- Stiffness of the body parts
- The neck becomes curved or bent
- Grinding of teeth
- Rejects breast milk
- Cries making awkward sounds
- Face becomes twisted
- Vomiting of saliva excessively
- Child gazes upwards
- Smell of…